Advanced concurrancy

Stefan Rank stefan.rank at ofai.at
Thu Aug 4 02:31:58 EDT 2005

on 04.08.2005 00:36 Michael Sparks said the following:
> Peter Tillotson wrote:
>>I'm quite interested in the mini version and also using the modules as
>>mobile code rather than installing it formally.
>
> I'll document it slightly better and post up on the website in the next 48
> hours or so. In the meantime, the optimisation test which includes a
> slightly modified mini-axon can be found here:
>
>    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/kamaelia/Sketches/OptimisationTest/
>
> Specifically the file "simplegame.py".

Hi, sorry to intrude here.
I looked at Kamaelia (Axon actually) recently and I liked it,
what I did miss in the code (maybe I just did not find it) is a blocking
way for send-ing and recv-ing from in/outboxes that the scheduler is
aware of.
It seems as though all components basically have to do busy waiting now.

So do you plan on including a kind of scheduler-aware blocking
communication (like the `channels` of the `tasklets` in stackless)?

(as you have a postman already - not a bad idea i think if you compare
with multi-agent-systems theory (see jade) - it could be responsible for
alerting the scheduler of box.has_data)

Cheers,
Stefan