python and ajax

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Aug 29 17:20:53 EDT 2005

Steve Young wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of any good
> tutorial/example of AJAX/xmlhttprequest in python.
> Thanks.

I can't say if it's "good" since I haven't looked at it yet, but it's
certainly timely: this was just posted to the c.l.p.announce group:

A simple server which enables Python regular expression tests in a
webbrowser. Uses SimpleHTTPServer and AJAX.

You need: Python, a modern webbrowser like Firefox, IE (from 5.5),
Safari) which handles XMLHttpRequests. Currently works best with
Firefox, any feedback is welcome.

download
--------
retest-0.3.zip - 050828