Is there a better/simpler logging module?

Michael Hoffman cam.ac.uk at mh391.invalid
Mon Aug 8 14:01:26 EDT 2005

Alessandro Bottoni wrote:
> I just tried to use the python standard logging module in a small program
> and I found myself lost among all those features, all those configuration
> options and so on.

If you don't want to mess with all this stuff it's easy enough to do:

import logging

logging.warning("my warning")
logging.debug("debug message")

The configuration options are strictly optional.

Personally I use a package I wrote called autolog, which sets up
configuration from a dot-file in the home directory if it exists, and a
basic logger for each module automagically. And it does this all using
the stdlib logging module. :)
--
Michael Hoffman