namespaces

Paolino paolo_veronelli at tiscali.it
Mon Aug 1 19:10:38 EDT 2005

Paul Rubin wrote:
> Paolino <paolo_veronelli at tiscali.it> writes:
>
>>What I'm needing as a global (in globals() or at the module level or
>>in the module namespace) is 'translate'.The rest of bindings
>>(all,badcars and table) is something which is 'polluting' the module
>>namespace.
>

> do you want
>     __all__ = ['translate']
> ?
No I don't want to use another feature of the module namespace.
Well: good to know there is a hack in every corner.My point is now to
understand similarities in python namespace types and why they present a
different interface.

What I notice is the '.' operator is used to switch to an inside
namespace ,until an attribute is found.Can I assume this is a rule?

Thanks anyway Paolino