Python Light Revisted?

Ramza Brown berlin.brown at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 13:51:02 EDT 2005

This is kind of funny, I posted earlier about a small, light python
distro.  The thing is, I did it in an hour or so, but amazingly, I got
honest, I don't  have the time to investigate it more.  My point, there
seems to be a lot of interest for a lightweight python app, but no real
resources on how to do it?

The goal, build python(mainly for win32) so that the ENTIRE install is
maybe less than 5MBs and includes possibly a GUI library, possibly
TwistedMatrix, possibly install from just unzipping an archive like
applications such as Eclipse.

So, my question, has anybody done this similar to what I did?  I can
show you how I did it, but it was so quick, I didnt really think about
what libraries I included.

There are mini linuxes out there, I suggest mini pythons.

Why?  For example, I don't need an XML-RPC library, or zip library, or
the other libraries.

http://newspiritcompany.com/blog/article/167/python-lightweight-at-2mb-for-win32

--
Ramza from Atlanta