py to exe: suggestions?

Bugs dont at spam.me
Sun Aug 28 12:27:24 EDT 2005

If your users already have Python installed then you could just create a
self-extracting, self-executing .exe that contains only your scripts and
necessary files.  I belive many of the popular zip utilities have the
ability to do this.  The free info-zip does this as well:
http://www.info-zip.org (but you have to recompile it with the
appropriate switch turned on).

If they don't have Python installed then you have no choice but to
include the python DLLs, libraries, etc. as that's your runtime
environment necessary to run your Python application.

HTH