Sorta noob question - file vs. open?

Peter A. Schott paschott at no.yahoo.spamm.com
Wed Aug 24 16:41:56 EDT 2005

I'll have to try this again.  I obviously did something wrong in my code.  I was
getting errors about not being able to write a string because it wasn't
supported.  It was driving me nuts for a while until I just gave up and went
back to open().  I'll do some more playing and if I continue to get errors, I'll
post the code I'm using at the time along with any errors I got.

I apologize for not including the details.  A thread I was reading reminded me
about that odd behaviour from a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to see if I was
way off base as I could consistently reproduce it then on Python 2.4.1.

Thanks to all who replied.  If open is still preferred, I will stick with that.
:-)

-Pete