To the python-list moderator

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Aug 31 18:03:47 EDT 2005

"Michael Hudson" <mwh at python.net> wrote in message
news:m2d5nuc73x.fsf at 82-33-185-193.cable.ubr01.azte.blueyonder.co.uk...
> This is probably a fairly bad way of contacting the python-list
> admins...

Perhaps.  Feel free to forward if you know a better way.

As I noted ...

> "Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:
>
>> For a couple of years, I have been reading and posting and posting to
>> python-list and c.l.p via gmane.news.orgs gmane.comp.python.general
>> group.
>> Today I got this from 'python-list-bounces', which I presume is a
>> 'machine'
>> rather than a 'human' address.

If there had been an address that I thought would reach the appropriate
person, I would have used it.  But public posting allows comments by others
as to similar problems, like Gregory's.

>> ---------------------------
>> Your mail to 'Python-list' with the subject
>>
>>     Re: how to join two Dictionary together?
>>
>> Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
>>
>> The reason it is being held:
>>
>>     Message has a suspicious header
>>
>> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
>> notification of the moderator's decision.
>> -----------------------------

This has a distinct 'don't call us, we'll maybe call you flavor.  As of
now, my post seems to still be in limbo (not on c.l.p and no notification).

>> Since I had nothing to do with the headers, the problem is between
>> gmane's
>> sending (perhaps when responding to a message from a particular site)
>> and
>> your review.  I hope this can be fixed.
>
> It's probably been flagged as UNSURE by spambayes.

As I said, I hope the mismatch between legitimate senders and reviewer can
be fixed.

Terry J. Reedy