Python Programming Contest: First results

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Mon Aug 1 07:21:01 EDT 2005

Here are the results for the first problem in the Python Programming
Contest.

I haven't been able to find as much time as I excepted, so my analysis
is not very in depth.

You can find the results here:
http://www.sweetapp.com/pycontest/contest1/results.html

And the problem definition here:
http://www.sweetapp.com/pycontest/contest1/

Kudos to everyone who participated but especially to Raymond Hettinger
and Thomas Lotze, whose solutions were nearly 50 times faster than mine.

I'd also like to point out that Thomas Guettler's solution, which is the
slowest, was completed in less than 3 hours after the contest was
announced. That's impresive for a correct solution.

Cheers,
Brian