As Simple As Possible?

Jules Dubois not-even at dispsable.address.this.time
Thu Aug 18 02:00:35 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 22:11, jitya <jitendran at productdossier.com>
(<1124338318.133726.304370 at g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>) wrote:

>  Chuck Allison says:
>
>     After three years of study, I have concluded that Python is about
> as simple as a full-powered object-oriented language can get. My inner
> programmer just loves it.
> [snip comment and quotation]
>
> I know of no language to which these words apply more than Python.

Smalltalk has a noticeably simpler syntax and is a "full-powered
object-oriented language".  It's also built on a "full-powered
object-oriented platform" written in Smalltalk so virtually all the base
system can be modified without changing languages.

> LINK:  http://www.artima.com/cppsource/simple.html

Your statement, "My inner programmer just loves it", is telling.  Whatever
it is about certain programming languages that make better programmers more
productive is mostly a personal matter.  Paul Graham has written several
articles about LISP and great programmers -- and I can see why.

Smalltalk is or would be my first choice if everything else were equal.
Python is what I actually use.