python for microcontrollers

Evil Bastard spam at me.please
Tue Aug 9 17:06:01 EDT 2005

Paul Rubin wrote:
> I don't think you want to do this.  Runtime type tags and the overhead
> of checking them on every operation will kill you all by themselves.
> Processors like that haven't been used much as Lisp targets either,
> for the same reasons.  Pick a different language.

On thinking about it, you might be right.

Unless one implements a full dynamic OO engine, the prospect of
implementing python for microcontrollers resembles the task of moving a
palace's furnishings into a trailer park - you'll get a couple of things
into the trailer, but will have to leave the rest outside in the mud and
the rain.

Maybe I should clean up my forth compiler instead, and get it ready for
the prime time.

--
Cheers
EB