PEP: Specialization Syntax

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Mon Aug 8 20:48:01 EDT 2005

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 00:14:25 GMT, bokr at oz.net (Bengt Richter) wrote:
[...]
>Here is a decorator object to set up function call dispatch according to type.
>It only uses positional arguments, but could be fleshed out, I think.
>Not tested beyond what you see ;-)
>
>----< typedispatcher.py >-------------------------------------------------
># typedispatcher.py
[...]
>        assert len(set([f.func_name]+list(f.func_name for f in self.dispdict.values())))
[...]
Oops, that was a leftover hack that was supposed to check that all names were the same,
and was missing ==1 at the right. Replaced by using self.name. Sorry. There's probably
more, but the overall idea should be clear. Using **kw is also a leftover of starting
down the trail of handling more signature variants, but I was too lazy.

Regards,
Bengt Richter