need for speed

Michael Rybak accepted at ukr.net
Tue Aug 2 03:15:42 EDT 2005

sorry for emailing privately, pressed the wrong "reply" button

DLB> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 20:14:51 +0300, Michael Rybak <accepted at ukr.net>
DLB> declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:

>> Is there a way of profiling other than manual (debug output with

DLB>         Chapter 10 of the Python Library Reference... You have looked at
DLB> that document, haven't you?
Already am, yes!

>> measurements and all)? Some tools? And is there some kind of plugin
>> for native Python's IDLE to trace scripts? I'm a bit tired of getting

DLB>         Have you read Chapter 9?
ok, I'm looking through. A bit tough for me I think, I can live with
debug outputs :) Well I'm too much used to M$ V$ / Borland Delphi
interfaces to switch to almost-asm-like debugging.

DLB>         BTW: if you are working on M$ Windows,
 only on that
DLB> you might want to consider installing the ActiveState release
I tried, and the installer gives me that stupid Internal Error 2229:
Control, SELECT 'Control', 'Type', 'X', 'Y', [..snip..], 'Dialog' = ?
And I forgot the OK button.

DLB> -- PythonWin might be nicer than IDLE (and has the referenced
DLB> manuals formatted as Windows help files).
I am using a *.chm file containing all online documentation available
from python.org

--
Best Regards,
 Michael Rybak                       mailto:accepted at ukr.net