Adobe COM with Python

Benjamin Niemann pink at odahoda.de
Fri Aug 19 09:34:24 EDT 2005

Andy W wrote:

> I'm wanting to automate Adove Acrobat Reader using Com thru Python and
> win32com, but i can't find any documentation for the Adobe stuff? Has
> anyone done anything with Acrobat COM ?
>
> I've searched Google groups and the web but am unable to find anything.

I have not hacked Acrobat yet, but done a bit with InDesign - Adobe's
documentation is less than perfect, but still pretty good. You might look
at
<http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/acrobat/sdk/index_doc.html#js>
- in InDesign I could easily map the methods and attributes from the JS
documentation to COM calls (the JS members start with lowercase - e.g.
'properties' -, while COM need uppercase - 'Properties').

--
Benjamin Niemann
Email: pink at odahoda dot de