Python IDE's

bruno modulix onurb at xiludom.gro
Wed Aug 3 06:51:05 EDT 2005

Jon Hewer wrote:
> I do use Vim a lot.  I am currently using it for some PHP development
> i'm doing.  I'm been using it so much recently that i keep pressing
> ESC and typing vi commands out of vi.
>
> But, if i use Vi, then whenever i want to test some code i have to
> open up python, import the necessary modules and run it - I like the
> idea of developing python in an IDE and just hitting a run button.

the Emacs + python-mode combo solve this problem - and in fact gives
much more than the common "run and print results" feature of most IDEs,
since you can run either the whole script or any part of it in an
(embedded) interactive python shell - just as if you had copy/pasted the
code in the python shell... This is very useful for exploring/quick
testing.

--
bruno desthuilliers