Jargons of Info Tech industry

joe at invalid.address joe at invalid.address
Thu Aug 25 13:24:36 EDT 2005

"Mike Schilling" <mscottschilling at hotmail.com> writes:

> "Rich Teer" <rich.teer at rite-group.com> wrote in message
> news:Pine.SOL.4.58.0508250932360.5888 at zen.rite-group.com...
> > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Mike Schilling wrote:
> >
> >> Another advantage is that evewry internet-enabled computer today
> >> already comes with an HTML renderer (AKA browser), so that a
> >> message saved to a file can be read very easily.
> >
> > I think you're missing the point: email and Usenet are,
> > historically have been, and should always be, plain text mediums.
>
> Gosh, if you say they should be, there's no point trying to have an
> intelligent discussion, is there?

Errm, isn't that what you're doing as well then? Rich just gave an
opinion, you've been giving an opinion. Rich's opinion happens to have
a lot of history and good reasons behind it. I don't see why it should
be viewed as some kind of discussion ending dogmatism.

Although it might not be bad if this discussion ended :-)

Joe