Jargons of Info Tech industry

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Mon Aug 29 17:12:13 EDT 2005

Alan Balmer <albalmer at att.net> wrote:

> On 29 Aug 2005 18:21:12 GMT, John Bokma <john at castleamber.com> wrote:
>
>>Alan Balmer <albalmer at att.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Why on earth was this cross-posted to comp.lang.c.? Followups set.
>>
>>Your reply is even more meaningless and more noise compared to the
>>crosspost. Why? You didn't add anything, you quote an entire message and
>>you just tweaked the follow up to header in a bad way.
>
> My aim was simply to get it the hell off c.l.c as quickly as possible.

So you edited that one out, and decided to bother all other groups with
your ineffective attempt?

> Now, go away. And please, stay away.

Like I already said, it doesn't work that way. The only way to make an
follow up effective is to write a useful contribution to the thread, and
set the follow up to the most appropriate group (and keep your fingers
crossed). Not what you did, moreover you only add noise instead of removing
it. Ignore the thread, it will end in 2-3 days. If you keep feeding it your
way it will become more and more off topic and last 5-10 days.

--
John                   Small Perl scripts: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
               Perl programmer available:     http://castleamber.com/