Does any one recognize this binary data storage format

geskerrett at hotmail.com geskerrett at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 13:29:14 EDT 2005

I am hoping someone can help me solve a bit of a puzzle.

We are working on a data file reader and extraction tool for an old
MS-DOS accounting system dating back to the mid 80's.

In the data files, the text information is stored in clearly readable
ASCII text, so I am comfortable that this file isn't EBCIDIC, however,
the some of the numbers are stored in a format that we can't seem to
recognize or unpack using the standard python tools (struct, binascii)
... or or atleast our understanding of how these tools work !

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Here are a few examples of telephone numbers;

Exmaple 1:

Phone 1: 5616864700
Hex On Disk: C0DBA8ECF441

Phone 2: 5616885403