Jargons of Info Tech industry ... and Xah Lee (I mean Jerry) Springer

Alex the_bearded_oneder at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 09:48:58 EDT 2005

Xah Lee wrote:
> Jargons of Info Tech industry
>
> (A Love of Jargons)
>
> Xah Lee, 2002 Feb
>
> The jargon-soaked stupidity in computing field can be grouped into
> classes <SNIP> ... <SNIP> One flagrant example is Sun Microsystem's
> Java stuff <SNIP> ... <SNIP> fucking stupid Java and fuck Sun
> Microsystems. This is just one example of Jargon hodgepodge of one
> single commercial entity.
>
> The other class of jargon stupidity is from computing practitioners, of
> which the Unix/Perl community is exemplary <SNIP> ... <SNIP> These types of
> jargons exudes juvenile humor. Cheesiness and low-taste is their
> hall-mark.
>
> There is another class of jargon moronicity, which i find them most
> damaging to society,  <SNIP> ... <SNIP> I think the reason for these, is that these
> massive body of average programers usually don't have much knowledge of
> significant mathematics,  <SNIP> ... <SNIP> these people defining
> or hatching terms  <SNIP> ... <SNIP> are often a result of sopho-morons
> trying to sound big.

  <SNIP> ... <SNIP> Because most programers are
> sopho-morons who are less capable of clear thinking but nevertheless
> possess human vanity,  <SNIP> ... <SNIP>

  <SNIP> ... <SNIP> One can see that the term
> “closure” is quite vague in conveying its meaning. The term
> nevertheless is very popular among talkative programers and dense
> tutorials, precisely because it is vague and mysterious. These
> pseudo-wit living zombies, never thought for a moment that they are
> using a moronic term,  <SNIP> ... <SNIP> (for an example of the
> fantastically stupid write-up on closure by the Perl folks <SNIP> ... <SNIP>

  <SNIP> ... <SNIP>

  <SNIP> ... <SNIP> (one may think from the above tree-diagram
> that Java the language has at least put clear distinction to interface
> and implementation, whereas in my opinion they are one fantastic fuck
> up too, in many respects.)

I've extracted the preceding castigating snippets from Mr. Lee's Jargon
"thesis". :)) When reciprocated upon his own posts; one could offer up
the proverb, "he who lives in glass houses should not throw stones."

His inflammatory rhetoric - light on facts, weak in application, and
generously peppered with self-aggrandizing insults - would probably
offend Jerry Springer by comparison.

Perhaps the "professor" should more carefully scrutinize himself before
attempting to castigate others, less he acquire the reputation of a
hypocrite, e.g. -
   "are often a result of sopho-morons trying to sound big.";
   "who are less capable of clear thinking but nevertheless possess
    human vanity";
    "These types of jargons exudes juvenile humor.";
    "Cheesiness and low-taste is their hall-mark."

Elementary courses in Critical Reasoning, Topical Research, Grammar,
Creative Writing, and Technical Writing also seem warranted.

A little one on one time with a mental health practitioner probably
wouldn't hurt either. :))

P.S. Until then, does anyones else deem it appropriate to give
"professor" Lee the nickname "Xah Lee Springer"?