Cygwin font problems

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Aug 27 23:43:23 EDT 2005

Is anyone aware of (a fix for) problems I'm having getting PIL 1.1.5 to
create bitmaps using TrueType and openType fonts? When I create an image
using the standard PIL fonts everything seems fine, but when I use
ImageFont.truetype(<font-file>, <size>) no text is drawn.

setup.py reports from debug print statements that it's finding freetype21.

The same code using (Fredrik's pre-built binary) on Windows runs
correctly and produces correct images.

Cygwin runs Python 2.4.1, Windows runs 2.4. Any light on this mystery
gratefully received.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/