certificate-based authentication (Martin v. Löwis)

Dennis.Hoffman at seagate.com Dennis.Hoffman at seagate.com
Fri Aug 19 12:06:19 EDT 2005

> The standard xmlrpclib should work fine. You need to inherit from the
> SafeTransport class, overriding get_host_info to return the x509_info.
> You then pass an instance of your transport to the ServerProxy.

Ok - I have upgraded to the newer version of xmlrpclib that has the
'get_host_info' method.  I have created a new class (inherited from the
SafeTransport class), and overriden the get_host_info method.  So my
question now is where does the the x509_info come from?  Is that the
key/certificate comming back from the server?  If so, how do I get that?
If not, then where does it come from?  You must excuse my ignorance, as
this is all fairly new to me, and am still in the learning phase.
Thanks
Dennis