client server question

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Aug 11 08:35:03 EDT 2005

John wrote:
> I have a simple script that runs a server where one client can connect.
> I would like to make it so that many clients can connect to one server
> on the same port. Where can I find how to do this?

Start by reading http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html to
learn how to ask better questions.

Then consider that "script that runs a server" could mean either you've
written a Python "script" that runs *as* a server, but has the
limitation of only one client connection at a time, or it could mean
that your script simply runs (via, for example, a call to os.system())
an external server program which has this limitation.

Given the ambiguity of your request, it's impossible to give a useful
answer without lots of guessing.  Please clear up the above question and
provide much more detail and you'll likely get a more directly useful
response.

-Peter