The state of OO wrappers on top of wxPython (was Re: Wheel-reinvention with Python)

Marek Kubica pythonmailing at web.de
Mon Aug 1 08:20:56 EDT 2005

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 14:13:14 -0700 Cliff Wells wrote:

> But how stable is GTK on systems such as Windows and OS/X?  That has
> been what has kept me from using it.  Most GTK apps I've used on Windows
> (including the venerable GIMP) are nowhere near as stable as their Linux
> counterparts (although this may not be entirely the fault of GTK).
> Also, GTK on OS/X requires Fink, which is a pretty hefty requirement to
> place on an end user.

I cannot speak for Mac OS X, but I like GTK on Windows, it's better than
Tkinter :D

GTK unter Windows has been discussed not so long ago:
http://groups.google.de/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/308b08adce4b9794/7ca38c3d89933ce9?tvc=1#7ca38c3d89933ce9

If you already tried GIMP on Windows, better try Inkscape on Windows.. that
piece of GTK software is really good.

greets,
Marek