loop in python

travlr velocity.travlr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 02:20:03 EDT 2005

I gotta say that as number cruncher, iteration in python is my biggest
nightmare. I do what is possible with numpy, but element by element
processing is a hassle. My programming experience is still pretty fresh
at a year, so "exotics" as such are not in play yet. I also wish python
looping/iterative features could be improved as best possible (what
ever extent that may be). Generators are a friend, but not as
performance friendly as when I am able to do all the needed work in
numpy. I dunno I guess I got spoiled :)