Dabo in 30 seconds?

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Mon Aug 1 12:20:41 EDT 2005

On Monday 01 August 2005 11:56, Terry Reedy wrote:

> That is an impossibility.  However, there is a middle path between that and
> no defensive code.  In the present case, you appear to acknowledge a known
> easy way to mis-compile wxWidgets from Dabo's viewpoint.  If there is a
> known easy way to detect that misconfiguration (which I suspect there is),
> and it is known that someone has tripped over that problem (which it now
> is), then a nice error message  like 'Sorry, Dabo need wxWidgets compiled
> with the --include_stylized_text option' would certainly be friendlier than
> a stack trace.

 OK, that's more of what I had in mind. Truth be told, this is the first time
we've run into this, and as a result I'll make the change to that import
statement today.

 We've taken the attitude that when a bug/shortcoming is pointed out, we
address it. But one problem with that is when you only have a handful of
people actively using and testing it, you limit your potential for
discovering problems. If nothing else, this thread has helped by pointing out
one such shortcoming.  ;-)

--

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com