Using win32com for web automation

Chris Smith smitty_one_each at bigfoot.com
Tue Aug 2 18:24:37 EDT 2005

    calfdog> ina wrote:
    >> Look up pamie it should do all the work you need.  If it dosn't
    >> I can send you ishyBrowser but pamie has more comunity support.

    calfdog> # wait for the document to fully load
    calfdog> while ie.ReadyState
    calfdog>     != 4: sleep(1)
    calfdog> doc = ie.Document
    calfdog> while doc.readyState != "complete": sleep(1)

I was trying to make this work several months ago, and tried
to open the windows event to trap the OnDocumentComplete from IE.
It was all beat.
I went with the über-hack:  a sentinel file in a certain spot writing
the word 'Done'.
COM programming recalls the Steven Write joke: "Went to the hardware
store to buy some batteries, but they weren't included; so I had to
buy them again."
Grr,
Chris