Well, another try Re: while c = f.read(1)

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Sat Aug 20 15:06:39 EDT 2005

James Kim wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>
>>http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> Is it a *smart* way or *necessary* way?

It's the polite way. And probably the only way you're going to get your
questions actually answered.

Read the documentation. If you still don't understand something, come
back and ask a specific question about what you didn't understand. Then
we will respond to your politeness with our own polite answer.

Until then, your rudeness gets my rudeness in response.

> Plus, my question was not for the detail description but for the
> intuitive guide leading the beginner's further study.
>
> I understand that too many repeated talks make cyberian tired. However,
> over and over discussions of basic concepts is also very important for
> technology enhancements. Thus, Commands 'iter' and 'lambda' should be
> discussed over and over about their necessity and convenience in the
> news-group as long as they are the principle keywords distinguished from
> the conventional languages like c/c++, pascal, etc.

Then use Google Groups to see that they have been, in great detail, and
at a higher level than giving a newbie an "intuitive" rundown of the
features.

Now go read the documentation.

--
Robert Kern