COM access sooo slow !?

nicolas_riesch nicolas.riesch at genevoise.ch
Tue Aug 23 02:22:50 EDT 2005

I also use Python to access database on Windows.
You can speed up your program by doing that:

Open PythonWin, then click on the "Tools" menu and the item "COM Makepy
Utility".
It will display all libraries available.
Then, select "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library" or whatever
last version of ADO you have.
You just need to do it once, as it registers the objects of the library
in the registry ( I think. I don't completely understand the mechanism.
)

If you use another library, do the same thing with the library you use.