Resetting modification time

Greg Peretti gperetti at abqjournal.com
Mon Aug 15 17:03:56 EDT 2005

I'm new to Python and would appreciate being pointed in the right
direction.

I'm trying to create a simple script that would note the modification
time of a file, perform some changes to the file and then reset the
modification time to the pre-change time.

The area I'm having difficulty with is the resetting the modification
time. According to the O'Reilly book I have, using utime in this way -
os.utime(testfile, (1124137226, 1124137227)) (those are just sample
numbers) - would do so, but I'm generating an OSError.  Any Ideas?

Greg Peretti
web developer
www.abqjournal.com
(505) 823-3888

  "Enjoy every sandwich."
 Warren Zevon

  "If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go,
because, man, they're gone."
 Jack Handey