Jargons of Info Tech industry

Denis Kasak denis.kasak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 10:43:59 EDT 2005

T Beck wrote:

> Wasn't the point... I never said they were.  HTML is at version 4.0(I
> think?) now, AND we've added extra layers of stuff you can use
> alongside of it.  The internet is a free-flowing evolving place... to
> try to protect one little segment like usenet from ever evolving is
> just ensuring it's slow death, IMHO.
>
> That's all...

HTML is at version 4.01 to be precise, but that is precisely off-topic.
This discussion has being going on for long enough. It is held in a
large crosspost to newsgroups that have nothing to do with HTML or the
evolution of Usenet. The bottom line is that most Usenet users like it
the way it is now, and it certainly serves it's purpose. The Web and
Usenet should not mix as they are two distinct entities and merging them
would lose some of their distinctive qualities, making the Internet a
poorer place.

I suggest letting the matter rest or taking it to a more appropriate
newsgroup.

-- Denis