Python for Webscripting (like PHP)

Paul Rubin http
Mon Aug 22 12:16:41 EDT 2005

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:
> > (Python has even been told to be used by Yahoo! and Google, among others,
> > but nobody was able to demonstrate this, so far)
> hint:
>     http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6554

I don't see anything about Python at that url.  I've heard Gmail is
written in Java.  Google is well known to use Python for many internal
purposes, and perhaps for some low traffic administrative web pages.
The main search application is written in C++ and is enormous.
I haven't heard that any high traffic pages are handled in Python.