module not found in IIS virtual dir

Peter Maas peter at somewhere.com
Wed Aug 31 08:33:20 EDT 2005

I'm trying to call python scripts from IIS in the following tree:

upgrade/
     util/
         __init__.py
         logonUser.py
     select/
         selectFiles.py

- select/ is referred from IIS as a virtual dir vselect.

- upgrade/ is inserted into the Python path via .pth file in
   .../site-packages.

- selectFiles.py has a line "from util import logonUser".

If I run selectFiles.py from the command line everything is ok. But
if I call it via IIS (http://localhost/vselect/selectFiles.py) there
is an error "No module named util" due the fact that selectFiles.py
still sees upgrade/ in the Python Path but upgrade/util/logonUser.py
can no longer be found by selectfiles.py (os.path.exists returns
false). This is strange because other modules, e.g. odbc.py are still
importable. Hope you can help me. Thanks.