Bicycle Repair Man usability

matt matthewharrison at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:48:12 EDT 2005

Eclipse's java refactoring tool puts BRM to shame.  This probably has a
lot to do with the static typing of Java and the JDTs nice built in
compiler.  When doing Java development the refactoring support is
really nice (and using a nice ide make's java development almost as
easy as python, since the ide can do the typing for you;) ).

I'd like to hear other's experiences with refactoring in python.  Most
of the projects I work on are quite small relative to some of the Java
projects I've worked on.  Are people using BRM?  Or is refactoring in
python just as easy by hand?  Or is refactoring just a java based
activity....

matt