PyPE 2.1 run problem

jcarlson at uci.edu jcarlson at uci.edu
Thu Aug 18 15:57:20 EDT 2005

> Once I done the replacement as suggested above, PyPE2.1 can run from
> the source now. Thanks Josiah !

No problem.

> > I have downloaded the PyPE2.1-win-unicode.zip, after unzip it with winzip
> > into PyPE2.1-win-unicode dierctory on window XP. I try to run "pype.exe"
> > by double
> > click on it, but nothing has happen, then when I run it with "run as..."
> > using the right click button.
> > I have the following Message in the pype.exe.log
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "pype.py", line 30, in ?
> >   File "configuration.pyc", line 129, in ?
> > WindowsError: [Errno 267] The directory name is invalid:
> > 'E:\\Downloads\\Python\\PyPE\\PyPE2.1-win-unicode\\library.zip/*.*'
> >
> > I also copy the "PyPE2.1-win-unicode" directory into
> > "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages" and run it, but it behaves the same !!

I have a solution to that one too...turns out that it was a problem
with PyPE trying to use a home directory inside of the library.zip file
if it couldn't find your platform's home directory.  I have fixed it to
be aware of being py2exe'd.  Try PyPE 2.1.1, available via
sourceforge.net (remember to verify those hashes!)

 - Josiah