Interpreter problem

tuba_ranger greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com
Fri Apr 8 11:26:19 EDT 2005

Yes!  I moved the file (which I had created on a windows box using a
mounted drive), created a new one on the Linux box, typed in the
shabang in Linux, then copied the old file (sans shabang) to the new
file.  It runs like a champ.  My sysadmin suggests we run all of our
files through dos2unix before they are moved to production. We both
imagine that we would have the same problem with our Perl scripts as
well.

It's odd that deleting the line and reentering it on the Linux box did
not correct the problem.  Perhaps vim recognized the format as having
cr-lf and inserted it even though I was editing on Linux.

Anyhow, it would have been a long time before I got this one.  Thanks.