Python 2.4 killing commercial Windows Python development ?

Nemesis nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Mon Apr 11 15:48:07 EDT 2005

Mentre io pensavo ad una intro simpatica "Michael Kearns" scriveva:

> I've been using python to write a simple 'launcher' for one of our Java
> applications for quite a while now. I recently updated it to use python
> 2.4, and all seemed well.
> Today, one of my colleagues noted that on her machine the launcher would
> complain it was missing a DLL - msvcr71.dll

I have the same problem. But I have a doubt, does Python installer ship
this dll?
What happens if I try to install Python2.4 on a system wich doesn't have
the dll?

--
The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is
working.

 |\ |       |HomePage   : http://nem01.altervista.org