ANN: Python 2.3.2 for PalmOS available

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Apr 16 09:15:59 EDT 2005

Klaus Alexander Seistrup wrote:
> lucio.torre at gmail.com wrote:
>>Some months ago i did a port of the Python2.3.2 interpreter to
>>PalmOS.
>
> Wow, this is just what I've been waiting for.  Meanwhile I've tried
> to make do with Rexx for PalmOS, hehehe...

I've been making do (rather successfully so far) with
Plua 2 (basically Lua 5.0), which I think feels a
little closer to Python than does Rexx (but which
doesn't come, out of the box, with quite as much
power).

The main benefit is that it *does* support the Palm
OS stuff, mainly making a UI form, an event loop,
and interfacing with databases.

It would be wonderful if Python was equally well
supported (yes, I know, somebody has to do the work)
but I also suspect there's no hope of it running on
my old 2MB Palm V the way Plua currently does! :-)
Well, it would finally be a reason to upgrade though...

-Peter