Private class?

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 21 10:27:44 EDT 2005

codecraig said unto the world upon 2005-04-21 09:13:
> Hi,
>   First, I come from a Java background.

<SNIP>

> ...so that is what I am thinking.  However, i guess my issue is how to
> make EventBus a singleton or prevent it from being instaniated and
> making it's methods statically accessible.
>
> thanks.

I don't come from a Java, or any other language, background, so I
cannot warrant that any of these will seem helpful to you. But there
are a lot of Singleton and Singleton-like patterns floating about.

Here's some:

<http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/66531>
<http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/52558>
<http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/102187>