Python Cookbook, 2'nd. Edition is published

robin escalation746 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 11:25:05 EDT 2005

Cameron Laird wrote:

>IT'S IN THERE.  The answer to all questions--well, to
>surprisingly many questions--is in the Second Edition.
>Even questions about the Second Edition itself are
>answered therein.  So, the summary:  if in doubt, as-
>sume that the Second Edition has what you want.

It even has been known to answer questions about the Third Edition,
using the "from future" construct publishers have wanted for years.
:-)

This is a fantastic book and my single favourite Python paper
reference. It examines problems, even those which at first seem
trivial, with an unexpected rigour and invigorating sense of
adventure. Alex Martelli and the others should be congratulated.

-- robin