[OT] Graphic editor within an MFC app. I have a wxPython prototype, that...

F. GEIGER fgeiger at datec.at
Sun Apr 24 18:41:42 EDT 2005

I have built a wxPython prototype of an app, that lets me place rectangles
o a wxPanel, move them and change their size. How the rects are added
and placed has to follow certain rules.

The final goal is to merge this "graphical editor" into a MFC app.
Converting a standalone wxPython app into a wxWidget app ist not that
complicated.

But how about merging it into a MFC app? Has anybody achieved that already?

All the functionality lies in my wxPanel-subclass "EditorWidget" and in
the few widgets I can place on it. So it boils down to place that
"EditorWidget" an a MFC-Panel. But what about the mainloops?

If that's not possibel at all, I'd consider getting an ActiveX that offers
to me what I need. It does not need to be a full blown CAD ActiveX but
should be customizeable. Does anyone know a source for such things?

Many thanks in advance and kind regards
Franz GEIGER