PyGTK vs. wxPython

Jaime Wyant programmer.py at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 22:42:22 EDT 2005

On 27 Apr 2005 11:31:00 -0700, dcrespo <dcrespo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong: XRCed doesn't allow to do MDI Parent and Child
> frames, but simple apps only.
> For what you wouldn't use it? And instead, what would you use instead?
> GUI Hand coding?
>
> Daniel

Looking at the docs, both wx.MDIChildFrame and wx.MDIParentFrame are
derived from wx.Frame.  So, you *ought* to be able to create a
wx.Panel with one of the aforementioned windows as its parent.  When
wx.Frame is given a single child window, it expands that window to use
all of the available client space.

Really though, these questions are more suited for the wxPython mailing list.

jw