Trying to write CGI script with python...

ckb2102 ckb2102 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 16:59:25 EDT 2005

Hi there,

I am new to this so I apologize in advance if I am not following the
right etiquette or something...

I am working on a project for school.  My partner has written a
short program in Python which takes 2 arguments - the name of a .mov
file and a number which represents the number of seconds into that
movie.  The program then passes this info to MPlayer and produces as
output a .jpg image which is basically the frame of the movie at the
stated time.

It's my job to make this a web-based function, and when I try to
convert my partner's code to a working CGI script, it fails.
Basically, MPlayer is not being accessed properly.

Does anyone have any insight or has anyone tried to do something
similar?  I am fairly new to all this...

Thank you!