domain specific UI languages

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 13 09:53:38 EDT 2005

max(01)* wrote:
> hi.
>
> in a previous thread, mr lundh talks about the possibility to create
> "domain specific UI languages" using tkinter.
>
> can he (or anyone else who pleases) explain what they are? give some
> examples (simple is better)?

Without having read the original thread, I imagine such a beast to
be used to easily script common UI tasks such as dialogs.

Things to express in such a context are

* GUI structure
* simple callbacks and their relation to events
* some styling

I'v done some GUI prototyping in a former life using a combination of
Python, XML, and CSS.
Popular examples of such languages include XUL (mozilla), Javascript,
and similar.

HTH,
		Stefan