IPython - problem with using US international keyboard input scheme on W2K

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:32:44 EDT 2005

Michele Simionato wrote:

> Me too :-(
> I have already submitted my issues with the Italian keyboard
> on WinXP with no great success. It works on Linux, but this
> is not of a big help since my plan was to use ipython -p pysh on
> Windows as a replacement of the shell :-(

Bummer.  I wonder, if the changes are minor and easy, perhaps you (or someone
else) could offer Gary to take over maintenance of readline/win32?  It sounds
like he is perhaps too busy to keep up with the patches and improvements, so
perhaps it's time for someone else to take over?  That kind of library, while
very useful, shouldn't require too much future maintenance once the remaining
bugs are ironed out.  After all, it's just meant to expose under Win32 the
default GNU readline functionality, so there is not much 'new stuff' to do
there, and once it works correctly (which I think it's currently very close to
doing), not much else should be needed.

Just a thouhgt...

Best,