Is Python appropriate for web applications?

peufeu at free.fr peufeu at free.fr
Fri Apr 15 12:18:12 EDT 2005

> The first one was a typo in the name of a variable ($actegories instead
> of $categories). Instead of raising an exception, this b**d "programming
> language" (err...) just created a new variable with a NULL value. Doh :-(

	Set error reporting to all.
	Marvel at how it reports this simple typo in a clear and easy to
understand way.
	Then notice it also gives you a million warnings for a lot of valid stuff
in your code.
	Cry.

> The second one was about array concatenation/union. I had used the "+"
> operator instead of the array_merge() function.

	My favourite is array_key_exists(). Without looking at the docs, can you
tell me the order of the parameters ?