help with python-devel!!!

gferreri at gmail.com gferreri at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 16:37:21 EDT 2005

I am trying to install Numeric python which fails because I do not have

"/usr/lib/python-2.3/config/Makefile"

I've done some research and figured out I don't have the "python-devel"
package ... how do I get this?? I'm running Mandrake 10.1 and typing
"urpmi python-devel" does not work (it can't find a package by that
name) .. I've tried building and installing python from source, but it
does not install the config directory...

Any ideas of what I have to do to get python-devel installed on my
system?  Thanks!