(Python newbie) Using XP-SP2/MSVC6: No Python24_d.lib, winzip barfs on Python-2.4.1.tar, cannot download bzip2

Bill Davy Bill at SynectixLtd.com
Wed Apr 20 07:07:45 EDT 2005

Thank you Khalid,

OK.  (4) (compile using MSVC6) worked.

Now working through various issues to do with paths and naming (_d suffix to
root for DEBUG, _ prefix to root for SWIG, and I had not spotted that SWIG
makes Module.py that imports _Module.pyd but not _Module_d.pyd for DEBUG
builds).

I'd like to persuade IDLE to use my locally compiled version of Python
rather than the one I downloaded, and will find out how eventually.
Necessary to keep to a VC6 build of 2.4.1 throughout.

Rgds,

    Bill (an inveterate top poster, I'm afraid).

news:1113921056.163970.216730 at g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...