PDF Printing support from Python

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Apr 23 10:17:54 EDT 2005

On 2005-04-23, Diez B. Roggisch <deetsNOSPAM at web.de> wrote:

>> You're use of the word "driver" is one with which I'm not
>> familiar.  But I don't really "do windows" so it's probably a
>> Widnowism.
>
> It could be that he means that creating PDFs on windows is
> done using a fake printer that will produce the pdf when being
> printed to - and that fake printer is implemented as a driver.
>
> And traditionally in printing one often speaks of printer
> drivers - even if they are mere filters that can't be
> considered drivers in the kernel driver way.

I think it's the latter.  I believe he wants to know how to
print a PDF file without using any external programs (or
"drivers") like Acrobat Reader or ghostscript that understand
PDF.  AFAIK, the only way to do what he wants would be for him
to write a PDF engine in Python that renders PDF into whatever
raw format is understood by his printer.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'LL get it!! It's
                                  at               probably a FEW of my