Web application toolkit recommendation?

Shalabh Chaturvedi shalabh at cafepy.com
Tue Apr 5 00:02:26 EDT 2005

Stewart Midwinter wrote:
> hi all:
>
> I'm a python user in my day job. Now I want to take on a personal pet
> project which will involve the creation of a website on my home
> server.  I'll want to keep track of users through user accounts and
> logins, allow them to upload information to a database (maybe mySQL or
> SqLite), and in the future allow upload of GPS tracklogs and
> subsequent presentation of those tracklogs on a graphical map image).

I recommend Quixote as a fairly simple, powerful and 'Pythonic'
framework. Since you are already a Python user, it shouldn't be hard to
pick up. There is no included persistence so you'd have to use the db
library yourself. More info here:
http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/

Cheers,
Shalabh