Python Win32 Extensions and Excel 2003. OL 11.0 Supported?

Mudcat mnations at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 12:13:52 EDT 2005

Yeah, yall are right. I did the same thing and found it pulling
different versions depending on which system I was on.

However I was confused because I tried to use an older version of
python win with Excel 2003 a couple of years ago, and it wouldn't work.
Somehow it couldn't handle OL 11.0. So I figured there must be a
connection in there somewhere that allows it to understand.

But as I sit here and type I'm wondering if this had more to do with
freezing the application which is what I was doing. I may have been
sending a compiled version of makepy (which back then was genpy) which
was compiled under an Office 2000 machine trying to get it to work on
an Office 2003 machine.

Now I could have sworn that at some point I removed the contents of the
genpy directory in the package I sent out, which would force each
machine to build one before it ran. But this was a problem I ran into
early and was told to not worry about at the time. Now I have to worry
about it more.

Anyone else have to package builds of com applications that need to be
supported on different versions of Office? A few tips on how to make
that run smoother would be some sweet info.